Claverach Park is a residential subdivision is located in the south central side of Clayton, Missouri. Clayton (pop. 15,884) is the county seat of St. Louis County and is a significant government and commerce center.
Claverach Park was founded in 1926 and consists of 210 homes built in a wide variety of designs. Designed by Julius Pitzman, it was created to be a parklike setting … 88 acres of rolling land with streets lined by stately trees and with one centrally located neighborhood park (Hillvale Park) and 9 “pocket parks”. Claverach Park is bounded by scenic Oak Knoll Park and neighboring subdivisions Brentmoor Park, Southmoor, and the Moorlands.
Clayton is centrally located within minutes of the St. Louis area’s cultural center which includes museums, Forest Park and the historic Central West End district.
Clayton is bounded on the east by Forest Park, the nation’s largest city park, which is the western end of the city of St. Louis. To the north is University City, home of Washington University. To the west is Ladue, and to the south is the rapidly-changing city of Richmond Heights.
Clayton is noted for its exceptional public school system. Claverach Park’s public elementary school is Glenridge Elementary, located just a few blocks away in the Moorlands subdivision. Wydown Middle School (grades 6-8) is located 1/2-mile east on Wydown Blvd. and has been recently rebuilt.
Private schools in the immediate vicinity include Wilson School, Forsyth School, and Our Lady of Lourdes, all within 1/2 mile of the Park.